Former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III formally assumed office as the new general manager of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) after taking his oath in Malacañan on Friday morning, Dec. 26. Torre was sworn in by Executive Secretary Ralph Recto,...
President Marcos can no longer meet the deadline of passing the proposed national budget into law before this year ends as he is expected to sign in into law during the first week of January next year. Executive Secretary Ralph Recto disclosed this to Malacañang reporters on Christmas eve, Dec....
Executive Secretary Ralph Recto said he will fully cooperate in the investigation over technical malversation, plunder, and grave misconduct complaints filed against him at the Office of the Ombudsman. Save the Philippines Coalition has filed the complaints against Recto and former Philippine...
Executive Secretary Ralph Recto said the designation of new Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in Parañaque, Laguna, and Misamis Oriental will help accelerate job creation and attract future-ready industries across the country, following President Marcos’ latest proclamations. Recto said the areas...
Executive Secretary Ralph Recto has praised the Department of Economy, Planning, and Development (DEPDev) for steering the country’s progress through long-term, evidence-based, and non-partisan planning, as the agency marked its 90th anniversary. Speaking at the anniversary celebration, Recto...
Malacañang has directed all national government agencies and state-run institutions to observe austerity measures during the Christmas season, citing the need for prudent use of public funds amid recent natural disasters and ongoing recovery efforts. Under Memorandum Circular No. 110, signed by...
Executive Secretary Ralph Recto called for a people-centered definition of national security, stressing that true security lies in protecting the everyday conditions that allow Filipino families to live with dignity, stability, and hope. Speaking at the National Security Summit 2025, Recto said...
Malacañang said it respects the Supreme Court 's decision to return the P60-billion excess funds to the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation’s (PhilHealth). "We respect the decision of the Supreme Court. The Office of the Solicitor General will review the ruling and decide on the...
While Malacañang was happy over the easing of inflation rate in the country, it recognized that political noise can indeed affect the economy. The country’s inflation rate slowed to 1.5 percent in November, easing from 1.7 percent in October and 2.5 percent in the same month last year, largely...
Progressive groups marching against corruption were halted in Recto Avenue, Manila, on Bonifacio Day, Nov. 30, preventing them from reaching Mendiola, which was supposed to be the final stop of their protest from Luneta. Groups such as BAYAN, which had marched from Luneta, were unable to proceed to...
Executive Secretary Ralph G. Recto is set to recommend his successor as the government’s representative on the powerful seven-member Monetary Board (MB) of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), naming newly appointed Finance Secretary Frederick D. Go for the influential post. Recto, who...
Japanese Ambassador to the Philippines Endo Kazuya congratulated Executive Secretary Ralph Gonzalez Recto on his new post and reaffirmed his country’s commitment to deepen strategic cooperation with the Philippines, saying his appointment reflects “the deep confidence placed in [his]...