Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon on Tuesday, May 4 questioned the “speedy” release of P10.6-billion out of the P19-billion controversial budget of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC). The move comes after majority of the lawmakers called for the...
Photo from coach Jorge Edson Souza de Brito's Facebook page Jorge Edson Souza de Brito already got a sense of the country’s passion for volleyball when he joins the national women’s team coaching staff in July. The 54-year-old Brazilian mentor said he heard many things from a dear friend,...
In case you are wondering if you can apply for national ID at the offices of the Commission on Elections (Comelec), the answer is no. Comelec/MB Comelec Spokesman James Jimenez provided this explanation in his Twitter account. "People asking if they can apply for a National ID at Comelec offices....
Senator Sherwin Gatchalian on Tuesday urged state economic managers to allocate more funds for the education sector in next year’s proposed national budget to help the sector’s recovery from the negative impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. Gatchalian said the government...
President Duterte has lauded the start of the national identification program despite initial technical difficulties that marred the online registration. President Rodrigo Duterte receives his national ID from National Economic and Development Authority Secretary Karl Kendrick Chua in Malacañang...
Photo from Jorge Edson Souza de Brito's Facebook page The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) has granted the Philippine National Volleyball Federation’s (PNVF) request for a Brazilian coach for the national women’s team by appointing Olympic gold medalist Jorge Edson Souza de Brito to...
The head of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) has apologized over the failed pilot launch of the online registration for the national identification (ID) system. Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Karl Kendrick T. Chua on Monday, May 3, took full responsibility for the...
President Duterte has already chosen the new chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) to replace General Debold Sinas, Malacañang revealed. DOH/MB Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque made the statement as Sinas is set to retire on May 8 after reaching the mandatory retirement age of 56. In...
President Duterte has tasked the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to investigate the killing of government consultant Mariano Antonio "Marton" Cui III in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental last month. President Rodrigo Duterte (Malacañang) Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque made the...
The stock market is seen to continue to be weighed down by the country’s COVID situation while investors will also be taking cues from the April inflation figure and corporate earnings announcements. “Next week, we still see a downward bias for the local market as we expect clouded economic...
Ken Tuffin (left) and Joseph Nunag Former Far Eastern University cagers Ken Tuffin and Joseph Nunag continued their solid showing for their respective teams in the New Zealand National Basketball League. Tuffin scored 13 points to help the Wellington Saints beat the Canterbury Rams, 95-74, while...
Veteran setter Jia Morado remains committed to play for flag and country despite missing last week’s tryouts at the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority due to health concerns brought by the pandemic. In a statement released on her social media, Morado has asked for understanding that her failure to...