Four former security escorts of resigned lawmaker Elizaldy “Zaldy” Co may be included as respondents in the plunder complaint linked to the flood-control corruption scandal after they allegedly recanted their earlier statements on the supposed delivery of billions of pesos, the Office of the...
Parañaque Mayor Edwin Olivarez is pressing for the construction of a flood gate and pumping station as long‑term solutions to curb flooding and stop seawater and garbage from flowing back into the city’s waterways. Olivarez said the proposed facilities would help address the recurring problem...
ALAMINOS CITY, Pangasinan — Police personnel here, together with disaster responders, conducted a search, rescue and evacuation operation on August 17 following heavy flooding that affected several communities in the city. The operation was led by the Alaminos City Police Station under Lt. Col....
Manila residents who have been exposed to floodwaters can get free doxycycline without a prescription as the city government steps up its leptospirosis prevention efforts amid continued rains brought by the southwest monsoon or Habagat. The Manila City Health Department recorded eight new...
TINGLOY, Batangas-The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Sub-Station (CGSS) Tingloy conducted clearing and de-clogging operations in some barangays here on Tuesday, Aug. 18, following the major flooding on the main road caused by heavy rainfall. Barangays 13 and 15 were the most affected by floodings,...
Government agencies rolled out free transportation and towing services Tuesday, August 18, as heavy rains and flooding disrupted travel across Metro Manila. The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced free towing for vehicles that became submerged, stranded or trapped in...
The torrential rains and widespread flooding in Metro Manila brought on last week by Typhoon Maymay reminded us of how we are all at the mercy of nature’s fury. Five straight days of school were canceled, adding to the already severe collateral damage from the floodwaters. Some areas still...
Despite the government spending P1.939-trillion on the Department of Public Works and Highways’ (DPWH) flood control management program from 2011 to 2025, floods remain uncontrolled. Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson made this observation on Monday evening, August 17 as the heavy monsoon rains...
Widespread flooding almost similar to Ondoy in September 2009 submerged Metro Manila nearby areas, causing monstrous traffic jams and thousands of people stranded after classes and government work were suspended at noontime on Monday, Aug, 17. And the reason, according to the Metropolitan Manila...
PANGASINANRescue and forced evacuation operations were carried out in Alaminos City as water levels continued to rise in areas considered at risk on Monday, Aug 17. The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO), together with members of the Response Cluster, assisted residents who...
Several roads in Metro Manila were flooded on Monday, Aug. 17, amid persistent heavy rains, according to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA). As of 2:39 p.m., the MMDA reported the following flooded areas: MANILA España Boulevard corner M. Dela Fuente Street — 24 inches, not...
Malacañang said the Marcos administration welcomes criticism but will challenge allegations against the government that it considers unsupported by evidence. Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire Castro made the statement after Caloocan Second District Rep. Edgar Erice...