BUNIA, Congo (AP) — The head of the World Health Organization on Tuesday expressed concern over the "scale and speed" of an outbreak of a rare type of Ebola known as Bundibugyo in eastern Congo, where authorities reported 134 suspected deaths and more than 500 suspected cases. The virus spread...
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) — Health authorities say there is a new Ebola outbreak in the Central African country of Congo, with more than 300 suspected cases and at least 88 deaths. Cases have also been reported in neighboring Uganda. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of...
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — The World Health Organization declared Sunday the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. Africa 's top public health body first confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo 's Ituri province on Friday. By...
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern on Sunday after more than 300 suspected cases and 88 deaths. In a post on X, the World Health Organization said the...
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — Congo on Monday announced the end of an Ebola outbreak that killed 43 people in one of the country 's southern provinces, with authorities saying no new confirmed cases had been reported in the past 45 days. Health Minister Roger Kamba said the 43 deaths were among 53...
DAKAR, Senegal — A new Ebola outbreak in Congo is suspected of causing 15 deaths among 28 people with symptoms, the health ministry in the central African country said Thursday. It 's the 16th outbreak of Ebola in Congo, and Health Minister Samuel-Roger Kamba said the fatality rate,...