CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) — Health authorities say there is a new Ebola outbreak in the Central African country of Congo, with more than 300 suspected cases and at least 88 deaths. Cases have also been reported in neighboring Uganda. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of...
The Department of Health (DOH) said on Sunday, May 17, that it is actively coordinating with the World Health Organization (WHO) following the declaration of a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) linked to the Bundibugyo strain of the Ebola virus in parts of Africa. In a...
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — The World Health Organization declared Sunday the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. Africa 's top public health body first confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo 's Ituri province on Friday. By...
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern on Sunday after more than 300 suspected cases and 88 deaths. In a post on X, the World Health Organization said the...
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — Congo on Monday announced the end of an Ebola outbreak that killed 43 people in one of the country 's southern provinces, with authorities saying no new confirmed cases had been reported in the past 45 days. Health Minister Roger Kamba said the 43 deaths were among 53...
DAKAR, Senegal — A new Ebola outbreak in Congo is suspected of causing 15 deaths among 28 people with symptoms, the health ministry in the central African country said Thursday. It 's the 16th outbreak of Ebola in Congo, and Health Minister Samuel-Roger Kamba said the fatality rate,...
KAMPALA, Uganda -- Uganda's president extended a six-week lockdown Saturday on two districts at the epicentre of an an Ebola outbreak that has claimed 55 lives but said its spread was being curbed. A student gets his temperature checked before riding a chartered bus home after a directive of the...
KINSHASA, Democratic Republic of the Congo -- The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) on Monday confirmed a new case of the Ebola virus in the northeastern North Kivu Province, the health ministry said in a statement. File photo taken on March 21, 2021 shows a medical worker vaccinating a local...
GENEVA, Switzerland -- The World Health Organization said Friday that two existing treatments dramatically reduced deaths from Ebola and should be given to people of all ages suffering from the often-fatal haemorrhagic disease. Publishing its first-ever guidelines on which therapeutics to use...
KINSHASA, Democratic Republic of Congo -- A new case of Ebola has been confirmed in the northwestern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), bringing the total number of the confirmed cases to three since the 14th Ebola outbreak was declared in the country in late April, the World Health...
KINSHASA, Democratic Republic of the Congo -- A positive case of Ebola virus disease has been reported in Wangata Health Zone of the Equateur province, located in northwestern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), confirmed Saturday DRC's Health Minister Jean-Jacques Mbungani. In December 2021,...