The most ridiculous political plot twist to hit the headlines last week was the filing of bills by several lawmakers seeking to delay the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) and Barangay elections yet again to either 2027 or 2028. Their most inventive excuse so far? The lingering “energy emergency”...
Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman George Erwin Garcia on Saturday, Aug. 15, called on the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to immediately identify and bring to justice those behind the ambush of the convoy of Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in...
Only ballpens and inks will have been wasted should a law postponing the Nov. 2, 2026 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) get enacted. This was bared by Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman George Garcia during a hearing of the House Committee on Suffrage and Electoral Reforms...
Gen. Jose Melencio C. Nartatez, Jr., chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) ordered the implementation of additional security measures in at least 100 areas in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), which were declared as areas of concern for the parliamentary elections...
ZAMBOANGA CITY - The Commission on Elections bared 108 areas of concern in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao elections on Sept. 14. Frances Alonzo, acting chief of the Comelec Social Media Division, reported that Lanao del Sur province has the highest number of red zones at 21...
Three measures calling for the postponement of the scheduled Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) on Nov. 2, 2026 have reached first reading in the House of Representatives. Read during plenary session Wednesday, Aug. 6 were House Bill (HB) No. 10583, filed by Senior Deputy Speaker...
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is prepared to conduct the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) on Nov. 2 despite the filing of several bills in the House of Representatives seeking to postpone the polls, Comelec Chairman George Erwin Garcia said Thursday. Speaking at a press...
The Philippine Army sent no less than 1,500 troops to the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) to strengthen election security more than a month before the region holds its first parliamentary elections on Sept. 14. PA spokesperson Col. Louie Dema-ala said the deployment of three...
DAVAO CITY – Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairperson George Garcia on Tuesday assured the public that preparations for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao parliamentary elections remain on track, with the overall peace and order situation described as "manageable."...
ZAMBOANGA CITY - The Commission on Elections has included the town of Al-Barka in Basilan province in the red list category, a list of high-risk areas in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao elections in September. High-risk areas are places exhibiting the highest risk level...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) announced Monday, July 20, that it has stepped up security operations in 27 areas under the highest election risk classification ahead of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao 's (BARMM) first parliamentary elections in September. Police Gen....
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has placed 27 areas in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) under the “red” category ahead of its first parliamentary elections, citing their history of election-related violence. Comelec Chairperson George Garcia clarified in an...