CEBU CITY — Cabinet Secretary Benjamin “Benhur” Abalos Jr. was recognized by Cebu’s local leaders during his recent visit to the province, as officials hailed his appointment to the Cabinet as well as his continued engagement with local government units (LGUs) The Cebu Provincial...
CEBU CITY–A drug recovery program that was established at the height of the war on drugs of former President Rodrigo Duterte marked a decade of transforming lives. Surrender to God (SuGod), a Catholic faith-based recovery program, on Friday, Aug. 14, marked its 10th anniversary and called on...
Driven by robust demand for MICE events, SMX Convention Centers, the conferences and exhibitions arm of SM Prime Holdings, Inc., posted strong first-half results in 2026, welcoming 4.3 million visitors across its footprint. This represents an 18 percent year-on-year surge compared to the 3.6...
Disney On Ice is bringing the party to hometowns across the country, with a guest list packed with audiences ' favorite Disney characters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy have become DJs, remixing Disney tunes into colorful stories in the all-new, state-of-the-art ice show "Disney On Ice...
CEBU CITY–Close to P10 million worth of suspected shabu was seized from a construction worker in Barangay Pardo here. The 30-year-old suspect, a certain John, yielded 27 packs of suspected shabu when he was arrested in a buy-bust operation past 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 13, said Philippine Drug...
CEBU CITY–A 61-year-old driver died in a freak accident in Barangay Cogon, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, on Tuesday night, August 11. Police said the victim, a certain Junior, was run over by the Isuzu closed van that he was driving. Investigation conducted by the Tagbilaran City Police Station showed...
NUSTAR Resort Cebu 's culinary team brought Cebu to the national stage, earning five bronze medals at the Philippine Culinary Cup 2026, held July 29 to Aug. 1 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City. The competition, held alongside Wofex, is described by NUSTAR as the country 's...
CEBU CITY – Seized and forfeited cigarettes, cigarette-manufacturing machines, and other related items linked to around P240.64 million in unpaid taxes were destroyed in a warehouse in Mandaue City on Thursday, Aug. 13. Finance Secretary Frederick D. Go led the destruction of the items through...
Visayas-Mindanao (VisMis) developer Cebu Landmasters Inc. (CLI) remains optimistic and is launching ₱25 billion worth of projects in the second semester despite a 20-percent drop in consolidated net income to ₱2 billion in the first half of 2026 from the ₱2.49 billion earned in the same...
JG Summit Holdings Inc., the investment arm of the Gokongwei family, reported a 37 percent decline in consolidated core net income to ₱13 billion for the first half of 2026, hit by the sharp drop in Cebu Air Inc.’s earnings following the surge in jet fuel prices during the second quarter. The...
CEBU CITY– There will be more flights to overseas destinations this year at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA). Starting this November, the country’s second busiest airport will be operating more direct flights to Vietnam, Japan and China. Vietnamese budget carrier Vietjet announced...
CEBU CITY–The human head that was recovered from a grassy area in Talisay City, Cebu last July 11 belonged to the woman who had been reported missing for more than a month. This was disclosed by Talisay City Police Station Chief Lt. Col. Homobuno Sayon, who said DNA samples taken from the...