Senatorial candidate and former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Guillermo Eleazar has vowed to look into the various measures about online cockfighting should he get elected as a senator in the May 2022 elections. Senatorial candidate Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar while campaigning in Batangas...
A House leader has sought to convince Filipinos that online cockfighting or e-sabong "is not the work of the devil", despite its connection to gambling. (Photo from putakputak.com) "We should not demonize the regulation of e-sabong; instead, let's give our fellow Filipinos in the cockfighting...
The incumbent mayor of Ferrol town in Romblon was arrested along with more or less 200 others in a raid on cockfighting arena on Sunday, Feb. 6. Police Brig. Gen. Sidney Sultan Hernia, director of the Police Regional Office 4-B, said the operation stemmed from a report sent to the Criminal...
Aspiring president Vice President Leni Robredo said Friday, Feb. 4, that a thorough discussion between all affected parties on granting a franchise to online cockfight operators must take place in the Congress. Vice President Leni Robredo (OVP photo) "Ako unang-una, hindi kasi ako yung mag-gagrant...
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) ordered on Saturday, Jan. 29, all local government units (LGUs) to ensure that traditional cockfighting in the cockpit arenas in areas under Alert Level 2 or lower are compliant with the existing health protocols. DILG Secretary Eduardo M....
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has intensified its investigation into the mysterious disappearance of 20 men who were last seen in different cockfighting arenas. (File photo) Police Gen. Dionardo Carlos, PNP chief, said that the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) is looking at...
PITMASTER Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the booming electronic sabong or e-sabong Pitmaster, has given away P100 million worth of cash donations and testing kits to the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) in response to the alarming spread of the dreaded Covid-19 in...
Why is granting e-sabong legislative franchise being treated with urgency? Taguig City Rep. Lani Cayetano This question has been raised many times by congressmen opposed to the idea of legitimizing gambling in the internet but so far failed to get any answer from the House of Representatives. On...
Cockfighting arenas are now allowed to operate in areas under alert level 2 as long as the local government units (LGUs) allow it and the events follow minimum health standards as prescribed by the government, Cabinet Secretary and acting presidential spokesman Karlo Nograles said Wednesday, Dec....
The adamant stand of several senators against the grant of a legislative franchise to internet gambling via cockfighting won praises from lawmakers opposed to the franchise applications. Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano2 Led by former Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano, congressmen lauded Senator Grace Poe,...
Filipinos can gamble even their hard-earned savings right in the family living room for the next 25 years if the House of Representatives will pass next week another e-sabong (cockfight) legislative franchise application. A0BE7726-429E-4EDA-8B8C-01EEE9F8FE49 Former House Speaker and Taguig-Pateros...
Former House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano on Sunday challenged lawmakers to think critically about the 25-year franchise application of online cockfighting or e-sabong operators being deliberated in the Lower House despite opposition to the proposed bill from religious leaders and other legislators....