Classes and government offices in the National Capital Region (NCR) and 14 provinces will implement alternative arrangements on Tuesday, Aug. 18, as the southwest monsoon, or Habagat, continues to bring heavy rains and flooding to parts of Luzon. Based on Memorandum Circular No. 128, issued by the...
Public and private schools in the National Capital Region (NCR) and 12 provinces will shift to alternative learning modes, while government offices will adopt alternative work arrangements starting noon on Monday, Aug. 17, as continuous heavy rains from the Southwest Monsoon threaten to cause...
Executive Secretary Ralph Recto said the Marcos administration will continue increasing funding and direct support for local government units (LGUs) to help them deliver services more quickly to their constituents. Recto made the commitment after receiving the Presidential Action Agenda of the...
The government will increase the fuel discount for jeepney and UV Express drivers to P12 per liter starting Aug. 15 as part of efforts to cushion the transport sector from the impact of tensions in the Middle East, Malacañang announced. The higher discount, ordered by President Marcos, will allow...
Senate infighting and leadership changes have slowed the passage of priority bills under the Marcos administration, Malacañang said. Citing Senator Imee Marcos ' recent remarks that repeated leadership changes in the Senate may have contributed to the lack of legislation passed so far, Palace...
President Marcos has assured residents of flood-hit Davao City that his administration will not abandon them, with Malacañang saying the government has ordered immediate and long-term measures to prevent a repeat of the severe flooding that recently inundated Barangay Bangkal. In a press briefing...
The Office of the Executive Secretary (OES) has warned the public against individuals and groups falsely presenting themselves as authorized representatives of government programs under the Local Government Support Fund (LGSF) and the Socio-Civic Projects Fund (SCPF). In an advisory issued on...
President Marcos is expected to present his administration 's accomplishments over the past year and lay down its legislative priorities when he delivers his fifth State of the Nation Address (SONA) before a joint session of Congress on Monday, July 27. The annual address marks the President...
The Philippines will continue asserting its sovereign rights in the West Philippine Sea (WPS) without abandoning its commitment to peace while confronting new security threats such as disinformation, cyberattacks, and artificial intelligence-driven manipulation, Executive Secretary Ralph Recto...
Malacañang has welcomed the Philippines ' official graduation to upper-middle-income country (UMIC) status, saying the milestone signals stronger economic fundamentals and could translate into more jobs and better opportunities for Filipinos. In a statement on Thursday, July 2, Executive...
Executive Secretary Ralph Recto has directed government agencies to accelerate the implementation of their 2026 budgets and finalize priority expenditures for next year in line with President Marcos ' push to improve public service delivery. Recto convened key Cabinet officials on June 22 for...
Local government units (LGUs) across the country will receive a record P1.32 trillion in National Tax Allotments (NTA) in 2027, as President Marcos continues to push for stronger local governance and greater participation of local governments in national development. In a statement, Executive...