Filinvest Development Corporation (FDC), the flagship of the Gotianun family, posted a 35 percent drop in attributable net income to P2.0 billion in the first quarter of 2021 from P3.0 billion in the same period last year. In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, the firm said revenues and...
Following the reported mishandling of coronavirus vaccines by some local government units (LGUs), President Duterte tasked the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) to oversee the transport and distribution of the vaccines to various parts of the country. President Rodrigo Duterte...
Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said on Tuesday, May 18, that he does not see any real tension in the maritime issues in the West Philippine Sea (WPS), adding that critics of the administration are making up the issue. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque (OPS / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)...
President Duterte has ordered Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo T. Eleazar to ensure that all policemen would always do what is right and legal in the conduct of law enforcement operations and in maintaining peace and order in the country. Eleazar said the President's...
Angelo Kouame is now a naturalized Filipino after President Rodrigo Duterte signed into law his papers. (SBP Images) President Rodrigo Duterte approved the naturalization of Gilas Pilipinas player Angelo Kouame after the Chief Executive signed into law the papers that made the center eligible to...
The government has distributed "billions" of assistance to the poor to help them cope with the pandemic, President Duterte said in rejecting criticisms the government was doing nothing to provide aid during the pandemic. President Rodrigo Duterte (File photo/Malacañang) In a televised address...
President Duterte floated again on Tuesday, May 18, the possibility of selling government‘s properties to augment the available funds to respond to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. President Rodrigo Duterte delivers his public address on May 18, 2021 (RTVM Screenshot) But this time,...
The Philippines has taken "a little bit stronger" stance in dealing with China over the West Philippine Sea but will never start a war, President Duterte said Monday. President Rodrigo Duterte (File photo/Malacañang) In a televised address Monday, May 17, the President told China that any...
Getting vaccinated may not be a guarantee of avoiding a coronavirus infection especially with the threat posed by new variants, according to President Duterte. A resident of Makati City gets vaccinated at a health facility on May 12, 2021. (Ali Vicoy/Manila Bulletin) Even as he urged people to get...
Despite choosing what brand of coronavirus disease jab he should get earlier, President Duterte said Filipinos should not discriminate against the vaccine brands as he noted that most are waiting for the United States’ Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, which have the highest efficacy rate among all...
With the danger posed by the new coronavirus strains, President Duterte has threatened to impose a stricter lockdown if there will be a resurgence of infections in the country. President Rodrigo Duterte (File photo/Malacañang) Addressing the nation, the President said he personally does not want...
Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. on Tuesday supported President Duterte’s stance that the 2016 Arbitral Award that invalidated China’s excessive claims in the West Philippine Sea is “meaningless for now” if the purpose is to retake the Scarborough (Panatag) Shoal. Foreign...