The House of Representatives listed on Wednesday its 79th COVID-19 case, a male employee of the Protocol and Special Affairs Service.
The employee, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, last reported for work on September 10.
Secretary General Jose Luis Montales said the patient developed the symptoms after being exposed to his mother who had previously tested positive for COVID-19.
Montales said the mother is not an employee of the Lower House.
Of the 79 confirmed cases in the chamber, only 13 are still on the road to recovery.
The office of Tagaytay Rep. Abraham “Bambol” Tolentino said various safety and precautionary measures are being undertaken by the chamber to prevent the disease from spreading among employees.
Tolentino, chairman of the House Committee on Accounts, has authorized the funding of several sanitation and disinfection operations being conducted regularly.