RTC orders arrest of Italian national, 2 Filipinos on charges of serious illegal detention, large-scale illegal recruitment
The Bacoor City regional trial court (RTC) in Cavite has ordered the arrest of a London-based Italian national and two Filipinos on charges of serious illegal detention and large-scale illegal recruitment filed by the Department of Justice (DOJ).
In a warrant issued by Judge Froilan Buenaventura Pitpit on Friday, April 10, ordered arrested were Adel En Nouri, Bueno Caesar Baldado and John Gabriel Siopongco.
Serious illegal detention and large-scale illegal recruitment are non-bailable criminal offenses.
In the warrant addressed to law enforcers, the RTC said: “You are required to use at least one body-worn camera and one alternative recording device, or a minimum of two devices, or such number as may be necessary, to capture or record the relevant incidents in the execution of this warrant….”
The complaints against En Nouri and his co-accused were filed in November 2025 by three Filipinos identified as Maricar R. Evangelista, Karen V. Asuncion, and Bryan P. Mercado, who work as promodizers at a popular mall in Bacoor City.
In a resolution issued on March 31, 2026, the DOJ found “prima facie evidence with reasonable certainty of conviction” to prosecute En Nouri, Baldado and Siopongco for the offenses which are penalized under Sections 6 and 7 of Republic Act No. 8042, the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act of 1985, and under Article 267 of the Revised Penal Code.
The resolution was signed by Bacoor City Deputy City Prosecutor Michael Philip Silvala and approved by City Prosecutor Johnny Umpong.
En Nouri, who is said to be a corporate executive of the London-based Harrods Department Store in Knightsbridge in West London, and several respondents had earlier been charged with qualified human trafficking also before the Bacoor City Prosecutor’s Office.
He is also the subject of a similar complaint filed before the Pasay City Prosecutor's Office by two Filipino women who claimed that they were forced to do online sex shows by the foreigner.
Last October, two more individuals filed new charges of qualified human trafficking and serious illegal detention charges against the foreigner before the Lipa City Prosecutor’s Office.
In their affidavits, complainants Evangelista, Asuncion and Mercado alleged that they met Baldado and Siopongco at a mall in Bacoor City and the two respondents introduced themselves as recruitment officers of Tamber International Placement Agency.
The complainants alleged that they were offered overseas job opportunities at Mohan Custom Tailors in Singapore with high salaries and free accommodation.
They said that they were informed that the firm in Singapore is owned by an associate of En Nouri.
After the meeting, they claimed they agreed to visit the agency’s office in Bacoor City and were able to talk to En Nouri and his associate through video call. En Nouri and his associate introduced themselves as owners of Tamber International, they said.
They alleged that En Nouri told them of his connections and his assistance to Filipinos to obtain overseas jobs.
Enticed by the promise of a better life, the complainants said they agreed to accept the job offers for a placement fee of P80,000 each intended for airline tickets and preparation of other documents necessary for their departure.
They said they were allowed to make an initial payment of P30,000 which they handed over to Siopongco on Jan. 9, 2025.
Last Jan. 13, the complainants alleged that they were instructed by En Nouri to stay at the Tamber International office while waiting for their departure.
While at the office, they said they were introduced to Singapore-based recruiters overseeing customer care and the departure process.
After several days, the complainants claimed that the situation turned coercive as respondents Baldado and Siopongco threatened them with their firearms, confiscated their mobile phones, and prevented them from leaving the premises or else their initial payment would be forfeited.
They alleged that they were detained four days and were given only bread and water.
Last Feb. 7, the complainants said they were able to escape. They said they discovered that Tamber International and its owners and officers were not authorized by the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) to recruit workers for overseas employment.
With the information, the complainants said they decided to file the criminal complaints.