A 22-year-old man was found dead with an apparent gunshot wound to the head in Barangay Mandalagan, Bacolod City, on Thursday, Aug. 20. (Photo from Police Station 3)
BACOLOD CITY — A 22-year-old man who testified in a previous shooting incident was found dead with an apparent gunshot wound to the head in Barangay Mandalagan on Thursday, August 20.
Police said the victim, identified only as Jayven, a resident of Barangay Villamonte, was discovered beside parked tricycles. He was positively identified by his live-in partner.
Police Lt. Benjo Ballo Allo, head of Police Station 3, said investigators have yet to determine the firearm used in the incident, as none was recovered at the crime scene.
Ballo Allo said the victim had earlier served as a witness in the shooting of two brothers in Barangay Mandalagan in September 2025, which left one dead.
One of the suspects in that case was arrested last February at his workplace in Barangay Villamonte. The 40-year-old suspect from Barangay 20 was tagged as the city’s No. 1 Most Wanted Person. He denied the allegations, claiming he did not know the two brothers.
Police are investigating whether Jayven’s killing is connected to last year’s incident, while also exploring other possible motives by checking the victim’s background.