Embattled Korean actor Hong Min-gi has denied claims made by his former girlfriend, with his agency saying it will take legal action over what it described as false allegations.
On Aug. 19, the woman, identified only as a college freshman, posted a series of claims about the 24-year-old actor on Instagram.
She said that in the first week of July, she told Hong Min-gi that she might be pregnant. According to her, the actor replied: “Go buy a pregnancy test on Coupang and test it yourself. Do I have to buy it for you?”
She claimed that she later took a pregnancy test at Hong Min-gi’s house and got a positive result.
When he came home, she alleged that he told her, “You're going to have an abortion, right? Go do it tomorrow.”
She further claimed that on July 13, she went alone to a facility and underwent the procedure. She said she has medical records and ultrasound images as evidence.
According to the woman, Hong Min-gi later asked to end their relationship, avoided responsibility and cut off contact.
Hong Min-gi’s agency, Fable Company, denied her claims.
The agency said that on Aug. 19, the woman sent the actor an ultrasound image along with a message that read, “Shut up before I expose everything.”
However, it said she had never previously shown him an ultrasound image.
“Furthermore, since the ultrasound image in question differs from typical images showing pregnancy, we have requested verification from OB/GYN medical staff regarding the image sent by Ms. A and plan to submit it as evidence,” the agency said.
Fable Company also said it confirmed with Hong Min-gi that his former girlfriend never showed him a pregnancy test kit.
The actor also denied ever making statements pressuring her to undergo an abortion.
The agency pointed to July 13, the day the woman claimed she underwent the procedure, saying she had instead suggested that she and Hong Min-gi go cycling together. When he declined, she allegedly sent him a video of herself cycling alone.
“Pregnancy and abortion are highly sensitive and serious matters. Nevertheless, ‘A’ publicly posted completely false claims on social media, such as alleging that the actor pressured her to have an abortion after confirming her pregnancy,” the agency said.
“As a result, the actor has once again suffered severe damage to their reputation and image that is difficult to recover. We will no longer respond by repeatedly refuting the other party's false claims.”
The agency said it will pursue both civil and criminal legal action over the allegations.