Father arrested for abusing minor daughter in Mandaluyong
Stockphoto-handcuff
A 43-year-old father was arrested for allegedly abusing his own daughter since she was five years old in Mandaluyong City.
The Eastern Police District (EPD) did not disclose the identity of the suspect, who was listed as the No. 1 most wanted person in the city.
The suspect was arrested on Wednesday night, May 20, in Barangay Addition Hills, Mandaluyong City, by virtue of a warrant of arrest issued by the Presiding Judge of the Family Court, Branch 5 of Mandaluyong City, in connection with a case of qualified rape.
According to the EPD, the 13-year-old victim stated that she had been sexually abused by her father since she was five years old.
“Batay na rin sa masusing pag-iimbestiga, napag-alaman na ang huling pangyayari ay naganap muli noong Nobyembre 15, 2025, kung saan hinalay siya nito sa kanilang sariling tahanan (Based on a thorough investigation, it was found that the most recent incident occurred on November 15, 2025, when she was allegedly raped in their own home),” EPD said.
Authorities said the victim finally reported the abuse after she could no longer endure the repeated incidents, prompting her and her mother to go to the police station to report her father.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Mandaluyong City Police Station Custodial Facility while awaiting a commitment order from the court.
EPD chief Brig. Gen. Aden T. Lagradante vowed to continue strengthening their campaign against wanted persons, especially those involved in heinous crimes against women and children.
“Hindi tayo titigil hangga’t hindi napapanagot ang mga lumalabag sa batas at mapanaig ang hustisya para sa mga biktima (We will not stop until those who violate the law are held accountable and justice is served for the victims),” he said.