Concerns grow after Korean actor Jang Dong-ju shares emotional video
Published May 22, 2026 06:18 pm
Former Korean actor, Jang Dong-ju, 31, sparked concern online after uploading an emotional video to social media on May 22.
“I decided that I could not continue a normal acting career due to continuous debt collection,” he said regarding his situation.
In the now-deleted Instagram video, Jang appeared visibly distressed while reflecting on personal hardships and regret over broken promises to loved ones, including his father. He said he hopes to use the difficult period as a turning point in rebuilding his life.
Jang Dong-ju's Instagram is no longer available
The former actor later apologized to followers and clarified that the video was not intended to alarm anyone.
“I sincerely apologize for uploading the video,” he wrote. “I wanted to remind myself to change the direction of my life and move forward.”
He also shared that he is currently recovering and receiving support from his family.
Following the incident, Jang’s social media account became inaccessible online.
Jang, who appeared in the Netflix series “Trigger,” recently announced his retirement from the entertainment industry following a phone hacking incident that allegedly led to blackmail and serious financial difficulties.
He previously shared that he still owes between 700 million and 800 million won (approximately $461,423 to $527,348).
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, distress, or self-harming behavior, help is available. In the Philippines, you can contact the 24/7 National Center for Mental Health (NCMH) Crisis Hotline by dialing 1553 (toll-free nationwide landline) or by mobile at 0917-899-8727.