Dimasalang Bridge northbound lane to close May 23 for major rehab
The northbound lane of Dimasalang Bridge in Sampaloc, Manila, will be closed starting May 23 to allow the second phase of its rehabilitation and major repair works, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said.
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso announced the closure during his “Talk to the People” livestream on Thursday, May 21, citing a formal notice from the DPWH North Manila District Engineering Office dated May 18.
In the letter, District Engineer Dennis E. Sandoval confirmed the start of the second phase of the project, formally titled “Rehabilitation/Major Repair of Permanent Bridges – Dimasalang Bridge (B01820LZ) along Dimasalang Street.”
The project aims to ensure the structural integrity, safety, and continued serviceability of the bridge for motorists and nearby communities.
Domagoso said the DPWH is targeting completion of the rehabilitation by the second week of October 2026, ahead of Undas, when heavy traffic is expected due to the influx of visitors to the Manila North Cemetery.
He also noted that the southbound lane, which underwent the first phase of repairs, had already been completed on schedule.
“Natapos na po at natutuwa naman ako. Salamat sa DPWH, tinupad nila yung takdang araw (It has been completed, and I am glad. Thank you to the DPWH for keeping the deadline),” the mayor said.
Motorists are advised to expect traffic rerouting schemes, which will be released by the city government through its official social media platforms.