DOJ prosecutors order filing in court of falsification case vs ex-wife of Filipino-Indian businessman
Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors have ordered the filing in court of a criminal case for falsification of public documents against the former wife of a Filipino-Indian businessman Rajiv Prem Chandiramani.
In a resolution, the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office said that there is prima facie evidence with certainty of conviction to charge Vicki Narwani for falsification by a private individual under Article 172 in relation to Article 171 (1) and (2) of the Revised Penal Code (RPC).
Narwani could not be contacted for comment as of posting time.
Chandiramani accused Narwani of presenting a spurious document in support of the two complaints for violation of Republic Act 9262, the Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2024, she filed against him.
He said the two complaints had been dismissed by the Provincial Prosecutor’s Offices of Bohol and Pampanga.
In his complaint for falsification of public documents, Chandiramani said that after their divorce they agreed to have a co-parenting agreement with their 10-year-old son.
In 2025, he said that he agreed to allow Narwani to bring their son to the United Arab Emirates on the belief that it would be beneficial for their child.
However, he said, her former wife started to distance their son from him and all communications were cut off when they arrived in Dubai. He claimed that her former wife’s partner is also in Dubai.
Thus, he said, he demanded the return of their son to the Philippines.
Instead of heading his demand, Chandiramani said Narwani filed a case against him for violations of RA 9262.
To support her charges, he said that she presented a document on “Affidavit of Undertaking and Waiver” allegedly signed by him on Oct. 19, 2024.
However, he said the affidavit used as evidence is “a spurious document” since his signature was forged and he never appeared before any notary public to notarize the so-called affidavit.
Also, in his defense Chandiramani presented a certification from the Office of the Clerk of Court of Makati City stating that the document appearing in the notarial book refers to a Secretary’s Certificate notarized on Oct. 1, 2024 and not the purported “Affidavit of Undertaking and Waiver.”
He said he then filed a complaint for falsification of public documents against Narwani.
Ruling in favor of Chandiramani’s complaint, the Makati City prosecutors gave weight to the certification issued by the Makati City clerk of court which “proves that the Affidavit of Undertaking and Waiver is a spurious and a falsified document.”
“From the foregoing, it is evident how complainant was made to appear to have participated in the signing, execution and notarization of the Affidavit of Undertaking and Waiver when in truth and in fact, he had no participation whatsoever in the document’s execution,” the prosecutors said.
“Thus, the Certification is deemed as strong and convincing evidence that such an Affidavit of Undertaking and Waiver does not exist,” they also said.
“Wherefore, premises considered, it is respectfully recommended that respondent Vicki Narwani be indicted for falsification by private individuals under Article 172 in relation to Article 171 (1) and (2) of the Revised Penal Code,” the resolution stated.
Once filed before the court, the prosecutors recommended bail of P36,000.
The five-page resolution was signed by Assistant City Prosecutor Marie Angeli V. Dela Cruz and approved by Senior Deputy City Prosecutor Evangeline P. Viudez-Canobas.