'Takbuhan ba kamo?': Torre promotes advocacy vs bullies after viral 'running incident' at Senate
Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Police General Nicolas Torre III jogs around the PNP oval at Camp Crame in Quezon City on July 25, 2025 amid heavy rain as part of his preparations for a charity boxing match with Davao City Acting Mayor Sebastian "Baste" Duterte. (Photo: PNP-PIO)
Former national police chief Nicolas Torre III apparently took a subtle dig at his former boss, now Sen. Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, in promoting his advocacy to stand up against bullies.
Dubbed as “Takbo at Padyak Laban sa Mga Bully”, the event will be held on May 16, Saturday, at the Parklinks Estate in Pasig City, and Torre said it will be an opportunity for people in all walks of life to show a united stand against bullying.
“Dahil sobrang nauso ang takbuhan kahapon, naisip kong i-remind kayo sa ating takbuhan (Since running became popular yesterday (May 11), I thought I’d remind you about our race),” Torre posted on his Facebook account on Tuesday morning.
He was apparently referring to the incident at the Senate when dela Rosa was captured in CCTV footage running away from agents of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
The video is now viral and became subject of memes, funny messages, parody and other social media content, including AI-images depicting what netizens described as the Filipino version of popular game “Temple Run”.
Dela Rosa, former chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), is the subject of an arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity after he was named as co-perpetrator of former president Rodrigo Duterte who is now detained at The Hague in the Netherlands.
Torre was instrumental in the arrest and transportation of Duterte to the Netherlands in March last year, and that of Kingdom of Jesus Christ leader Apollo Quiboloy who was captured in Davao City and is now detained for cases relating to human trafficking.
Torre took the initiative of advocating the fight against bullies, starting when he accepted the challenge of Davao City Mayor Sebastian “Baste’ Duterte for a fistfight.
Duterte did not show up and Torre emphasized that such incident only proved that bullies usually back off and run away when confronted.
Torre, who is now the General Manager of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), reminded interested participants to be at the Parklinks in Pasig City before the 5 a.m. scheduled start of the program.
Those interested, he said, could register through this link: https://forms.gle/nFrQ5iYZFj7Yzj8x8