Sandiganbayan trial: Witness says pickup truck delivered 10 boxes of 'cash' to DPWH engineer Hernandez
By Jel Santos
(JEL SANTOS/MB FILE PHOTO)
A pickup truck was used to transport 10 grocery boxes allegedly containing P299 million to the office of former Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Assistant District Engineer Brice Hernandez, a witness told the Sandiganbayan on Tuesday, May 5.
The claim was made by Monica Louis Ocampo-Santos, a liaison officer of SYMS Construction firm, during the graft hearing before the Sandiganbayan Fourth Division involving former senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. and former officials of the DPWH Bulacan First District Engineering Office.
The case stems from alleged irregularities in a P92.8-million flood control project in Pandi, Bulacan.
Ocampo-Santos said the boxes, which allegedly contained money, were delivered to the office of Hernandez on the afternoon of May 20, 2025.
She said that while waiting in the office building, whenever her aunt Sally Santos—owner of SYMS—called to say they were about to arrive, she would approach the office staff for assistance in carrying the boxes.
“Madami-dami po ang tumutulong magbuhat, may mga time din po tumutulong security guards (Several people helped carry the boxes, and at times, the security guards also assisted),” she told the anti-graft court.
She said her aunt was accompanied by another liaison officer—whom she did not name—from their office when they withdrew the large sum of money from a bank.
The witness said the pickup truck was parked at the main entrance.
Ocampo-Santos said that although the boxes were sealed, the number of bundles was written on them.
According to the witness, she did not receive any money from the transactions with Hernandez when asked by the court if she had been given any.
The witness said she had known Hernandez since she started working with the construction firm in 2021, adding that he became her wedding godfather in 2022.