DAVAO CITY – The Davao City government has allocated P50 million for this year’s 89th Araw ng Dabaw celebration.
Willenito Tormis, officer-in-charge of the City Tourism Operations Office, said P41 million will fund cultural shows, entertainment, and other official activities and P9 million will be used for security and safety operations.
Tormis said the 2026 budget is P500,000 higher than last year’s allocation and will enable organizers to refine the program of activities.
He said during the media launch on Thursday, Feb. 19, in a hotel here that new attractions were added and events with lower attendance in previous years have been scrapped.
Tormis said this budget allows the city, which aims to attract around 200,000 visitors to this year’s festivities, to deliver a month-long celebration both vibrant and well-managed.
Gene Bangayan, co-chairperson of the Araw ng Dabaw executive committee, said the city has sufficient hotel rooms and other lodging options to accommodate the projected influx of guests.
He encouraged tourists to use the Davao Passport, which offers discounts and special deals from participating establishments.
The month-long celebration begins on Feb. 28 with Kanta ug Sayaw Dabawenyo. On March 1, activities will continue with a Misa Pasasalamat at San Pedro Square and a Pasiugdang Pagsaulog at City Hall.
Among the significant highlights are the Araw ng Dabaw Trade Fair and Bazaar, the “100 Years of City Hall: Projection Mapping” show, Kundiman at Harana sa Araw ng Dabaw, and the Mutya ng Dabaw 2026 pageant.
Araw ng Dabaw will culminate on March 28 with the Parada Dabawenyo and Konsierto Dabawenyo.