Bacolod police chief vows to track down new drug personalities
Barker arrested for murdering, wounding 2 brothers
GASATAYA (right) and Rebadomia. (FB)
BACOLOD CITY – The Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) is pursuing new drug personalities amid intensified operations that resulted in the recovery of P1.75-million shabu in the past week.
In a press conference on Wednesday, BCPO chief Police Col. Eugene Rebadomia said, as declared by his predecessors, there is no longer any active drug group operating in the city.
“We can see in the reports that those who have been arrested are new drug personalities. The remnants, the prominent drug personalities who exist in Bacolod are no longer around. All those identified are new ones and are not even residents of Bacolod,” he added.
Rebadomia said he directed the City Drug Enforcement Unit, now headed by Police Lt. Col. Albert Sy, to continue the intensified operations against illegal drugs, noting that despite the recovery of millions worth of shabu, the illegal drug supply continues to be available in the city.
“These unrecovered illegal drugs affect the young people. We are watching out for that,” he added.
After he assumed as BCPO chief last week, Rebadomia said Mayor Greg Gasataya directed him to focus on the all-out fight against illegal drugs, noting that the mayor is very much concerned with the illegal drug problem.
Gasataya assured Rebadomia of continued support to the city’s police force, emphasizing the importance of the campaign against illegal drugs as a means to curb other illegal activities in the city.
Meanwhile, a 40-year-old barker who allegedly killed and wounded two brothers was recently arrested in Barangay Villamonte here after nearly five months in hiding.
The BCPO identified the suspect as Allan, a resident of Barangay 20 here and tagged as the city’s No. 1 most wanted person.
Allan was arrested on a warrant for murder issued by the Bacolod City Regional Trial Court Branch 50 dated Feb. 5, 2026 with no bail recommended.
Police said the suspect allegedly gunned down a 43-year-old man and wounded his 41-year-old brother on Sept. 29, 2025, in Purok Active, Barangay Mandalagan here.
The suspect denied the crime and claimed he does not know the victims. He said he was working as a barker when the incident happened.
“Wala ko kabalo sang gina pato-pato nila sa akon. Kabay pa tani ang complainant matudlo nila ang nag himo gid (I don’t know why they’re blaming me. I hope the complainant can point out who really did it),” the suspect said.