QCPD files double murder charges vs Mollenido case suspects
The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) has announced that three suspects are now facing two counts of murder, with no bail recommended on the killings of Police Senior Master Sergeant Diane Marie Mollenido and her son.
In a statement released on Tuesday, Feb. 17, QCPD said the Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) assigned to the case had concluded its probe, leading to the filing of charges against individuals identified by their aliases “Christian,” “Pia Katrina,” and “Gil.”
The investigating prosecutor found prima facie evidence with reasonable certainty of conviction, paving the way for the filing of two counts of murder against the three respondents. The charges carry a recommendation of no bail.
Meanwhile, “Maribel,” who was initially included among the suspects, has been cleared of liability and will now serve as an ordinary witness in the case.
Authorities also confirmed that the charge previously lodged against the victim's husband, Police Senior Master Sergeant Mollenido has been dropped after the court granted a motion to remove his name from the list of respondents.
Police Brigadier General Randy Glenn Silvio, QCPD District Director, reaffirmed the police force’s commitment to justice for the victims.
“We are deeply committed to bringing justice to PSMS Diane Marie Mollenido and her young son, John Ysmael. While their loss is irreplaceable, we will continue to ensure that those responsible are held accountable for their actions,” Silvio said.
Additional evidence recovered at the suspect's residence
On Feb. 12, the police recovered additional evidence following the execution of a search warrant at the residence of suspects Pia and Christian Panganiban in Barangay San Agustin, Novaliches, Quezon City.
Among the items seized were 14 swabbed biological fluid samples with suspected traces of blood, eight cut cloth materials with suspected blood stains, one tissue paper with suspected blood, nine hair strands believed to belong to the victims, and one cigarette butt.
Authorities also recovered five fragments of a styrofoam cooler, which investigators said was reportedly used to conceal the firearm during the commission of the crime.
Read more: https://mb.com.ph/2026/02/13/qcpd-recovers-additional-evidence-in-killing-of-policewoman-son
Lawyer of the Mollenido case suspects withdraw
The legal counsel of the suspects in the killing of Police Senior Master Sergeant Diane Marie Mollenido and her son has withdrawn from the case, causing a delay in the preliminary investigation.
According to Quezon City Police District (QCPD) spokesperson Police Major Jennifer Gannaban, the preliminary investigation scheduled for Feb. 11, did not push through due to a change in the suspects' legal representation.
The couple accused in the case has sought the assistance of the Public Attorney’s Office (PAO).
Read more: https://mb.com.ph/2026/02/12/lawyer-of-mollenido-case-suspects-withdraw-preliminary-probe-rescheduled
Police Senior Master Sergeant Diane Marie Mollenido, 38, and her son were reported missing after leaving their home in Taguig City on Jan. 16.
Investigators determined that the policewoman and her son left their residence aboard a sports utility vehicle (SUV), which the police officer reportedly intended to sell.
The victims were last seen alive at the residence of the suspects in Barangay San Agustin, Novaliches, Quezon City.
On Jan. 19, at around 11:30 a.m., Mollenido’s husband reported the disappearance of his wife and son to the Taguig City Police Station.
During the initial investigation, police established that the SUV had been sold to a buy-and-sell agent for P450,000.