A 17-year-old teenage boy was left severely wounded after a 22-year-old man hacked his head with an axe in Barangay Mambugan, Antipolo City, on Saturday, Feb. 14.
According to the Antipolo City Component Police Station, the victim, identified as "Ruben," was on his way home after buying goods from a store when the suspect, identified as "Joey," suddenly attacked him with an axe and struck his head with it, leaving him unconscious.
Ruben was quickly brought to Amang Rodriguez Medical Center, where he was given immediate medical attention. He is now in stable condition.
Meanwhile, Joey was arrested by patrolling barangay officials who witnessed the incident and was subsequently turned over to the police.
In an interview, Ruben said he had earlier reported Joey to the barangay for grave threat, which was later amicably settled before the Barangay Mambugan's Lupon Tagapamayapa.
The police said the suspect will be facing appropriate charges before the City Prosecutor’s Office.