Southern Philippines Medical Center services uninterrupted after magnitude 7.4 quake in Davao — DOH
By Jel Santos
(MB FILE PHOTO)
The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday, Oct. 10, assured the public that the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) in Davao City remains fully operational following the magnitude 7.4 earthquake that rocked parts of Davao Region earlier in the morning.
In an advisory, the DOH said that SPMC’s generator systems are ready to ensure continuous power supply in case of any outage caused by the strong tremor.
“Nakahanda ang mga generator ng Southern Philippines Medical Center para matiyak ang tuloy-tuloy na operasyon ng ospital sakaling magkaroon ng power outage (The generators of the Southern Philippines Medical Center are ready to ensure the hospital’s continuous operation in case of a power outage),” the agency said.
The health department said the hospital personnel promptly carried out a safety inspection after the tremor and moved patients to designated evacuation areas in line with standard safety procedures.
After the engineering department’s assessment, the DOH said the hospital’s facilities were declared safe, allowing the resumption of normal operations.
“Makalipas ang pagsusuri ng engineering department, idinineklarang ligtas ang mga pasilidad at naibalik na sa normal na operasyon ang ospital (After the engineering department’s assessment, the facilities were declared safe and hospital operations have returned to normal),” the agency stated.
The DOH added that SPMC remains on standby to accommodate possible casualties and patients affected by the earthquake.