“So, matagal po yung proseso. Marami pang inaayos. But all of the parties are hoping for a very positive outcome of our negotiation. Yung aming pakikipag-usap po sa kanila ay guided naman po ng Presidential Commission office. Sila po ang nagma-manage sa mga agencies na yun."
Willie Revillame hints at television comeback
At a glance
Popular game show host Willie Revillame is making a television comeback, but not on a noontime slot.
This was revealed by Ana Puod, general manager of PTV, during a media conference at the People's Television Network in Quezon City on Friday, Sept. 8.
“Ayaw niya ng noontime. Under nego, iyon po ang operative word. It’s a tripartite discussion po with IBC 13, PTV, at saka si Willie,” said Ana, in a report by pep.ph.
(He doesn't like noontime. It's still under negotiations. That's the operative word. It's a tripartite discussion with IBC 13, PTV, and then Willie.)
“So, matagal po yung proseso. Marami pang inaayos. But all of the parties are hoping for a very positive outcome of our negotiation. Yung aming pakikipag-usap po sa kanila ay guided naman po ng Presidential Commission office. Sila po ang nagma-manage sa mga agencies na yun," Ana also said.
(So, the process is lengthy. There are many more in the works. But all parties are hoping for a very positive outcome of our negotiation. The Presidential Commission Office guided our conversation with them. They manage those agencies.)
Ana added: “Matagal na po ito. Nag-start po kami, few months ago. Until now, we're still discussing yung partnership o kung ano man yung magiging nature ng aming relationship."
(It's been a long time. We started a few months ago. Until now, we're still discussing the partnership or the nature of our relationship.)
Willie hinted at a possible television comeback in a photo he posted on Facebook, where he met with PTV General Manager Ana Puod and IBC 13 President Jose Policarpio Jr.
Ana commented on Willie as she announced a major programming makeover of People's Television in the coming weeks.
* Bagong Pilipinas Ngayon - Hosted by Nina Corpus and Chi Atienza, the program is a daily public forum that serves as a springboard for government agencies to relay much-needed information on their programs and services to the public.
* Punto Asintado Reload - The tough, uncompromising, straight-talking broadcaster and legislator Erwin Tulfo brings his fiery brand of live commentary to television as he makes on the hottest news and issues of the day.
* Sentro Balita Weekend - The weekend edition of PTV's midday Filipino language newscast Sentro Balita Weekend features a recap of the most significant news stories of the week. It is anchored by PTV senior reporters Daniel Manalastas, Kenneth Paciente, Allan Francisco, and Mela Lesmoras.
* Ulat Bayan Weekend - The weekend edition of PTV's primetime Filipino language newscast, Ulat Bayan Weekend, presents a summary of the biggest headlines and breaking news of the week from around the country and the world and also covers trending topics, sports, weather, and human interest features. Dominic Almelor anchors it.
* PTV News Tonight - It is the flagship late-night English language newscast of People's Television, delivering a comprehensive summary of national news, market and business updates, developments worldwide, and a line-up of human interest features to end the day. William Thio, Monique Tuzon, and Charms Espina anchor it.
* PTV Balita Ngayon and PTV Balita Ngayon sa Probinsya - PTV's multilingual five-minute newsbreak dispenses breaking news and developing stories as they unfold. It is anchored by Naomi Tiburcio and Audrey Gorriceta, with regional reports from Eddie Carta, Allah Sungduan of PTV Cordillera, Jessee Carl Atienza of PTV Cebu, Julius Pacot, and Rhoda Hernandez of PTV Mindanao.
* PTV News Now, Global Round-up, and Stories from the Grid - PTV's five-minute English language newsbreak dispenses breaking news and developing stories from around the country and worldwide. Monique Tuzon, Naomi Tiburcio, and Charms Espina anchor it.
* On the Ground and BBM Vlog - From the lens of award-winning director Paul Soriano, a series of short documentaries, On The Ground, highlights the stories of our culture, history, and identity as Filipinos. BBM Vlog is a light and intimate glimpse into the life of 17th Philippine President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.
* On Assignment - A long-form documentary program that highlights real-life stories of Filipinos. Chief correspondent Maan Macapagal hosts it.
* The Chatroom with Daphne Osena-Perez - One-on-one in-depth interviews with the people behind the most significant issues and stories.
* Code Red - Å public service program that focuses on the government's approach and strategies to citizens' safety, welfare, and security during disasters and emergencies - all towards building a disaster-resilient community. Hosted by William Thio.
* Go Beyond - A travel documentary that narrates the stories of dying traditions and cultures, the last frontier, tribes, and endangered marine life in the Philippines.