Father denies killing 7-year-old daughter

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.26.25 AM.png
Photo from the Manila Police District / MANILA BULLETIN

A man accused of killing his seven-year-old daughter in Tondo denied the charges four days after he was arrested.

Carlo Danni Lloren, 32, was arrested by members of MPD Don Bosco Police Community Precinct (PCP) on Thursday night, Sept. 14, in Tondo.

According to the MPD, Lloren was supposed to be arrested only for violation of the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Law in relation to the Omnibus Election Code after he was seen walking with a .38-caliber revolver tucked in his waistline. 

He was later identified as the man wanted for beating his daughter to death last Aug. 26.

In an interview with DZRH News on Monday, Sept. 18, the suspect denied all accusations against him.

Lloren said he only spanked his daughter to discipline her but did not beat or strangle her.

He said he slept after he came home from work then he woke up to the sound of his daughter playing with her youngest sibling so he just hit his daughter on her arm.

He noted that he rarely hit his daughter, which is contrary to what his mother-in-law and neighbors said.

He also said that he does not own any kind of firearms. 

"Napalo ko lang po, wala naman po akong ibang ginawa at sa ospital pa po namatay, na-confine pa nga po ng ilang araw eh, ilang days pa po bago nawala. Pero wala po akong baril na nahulihan kahit anong gamit. Hindi pa nga po ako humahawak ng baril buong buhay ko eh (I just hit her, I didn't do anything else and she died in the hospital, she was even confined for a few days before she died. But I didn't have a gun that I was caught using. I haven't even held a gun in my whole life)," he stated during the interview.

The suspect claimed that her daughter had been suffering from kidney and intestinal disease for a long time which caused her death.

However, the MPD said the result of the autopsy conducted on the girl showed that she died due to respiratory failure and physical injuries.

He also said that he hid from the police because he was scared as he was being blamed for his daughter's death.

He said he slept on the sidewalk and sold plastic to have money to buy food while he was hiding from authorities.

MPD Chief Brig. Gen. Andre Dizon said the child's mother will not pursue a case against the suspect but the MPD filed a parricide case against him on Monday morning, Sept. 18.