The topic “nakakahiya” (embarrassing) trended on Twitter on April 19 after a video emerged showing a fan allegedly grabbing the ring of a member of K-pop boy band Treasure during their concert in Manila.
Treasure held their “Hello” tour in Manila on April 14 and 15 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena.
Screenshots of a video showing a fan grabbing Treasure leader Choi Hyun-suk's ring during the group's concert in Manila (Screenshots from Asahiiibebi video)
Nakakahiya ka Te girl.. Ibalik mo Yang singsing ni hyunsuk kaya siguro nag post ng ganito si hyunsuk sa tiktok nyan pektusan ka pic.twitter.com/WzAkRkHD4B— kimmy21 (@mashidamie21) April 19, 2023
The video showed Choi Hyun-suk, one of the leaders of Treasure, engaging with fans behind a barricade while he was singing.
As he touched the hands of fans, one fan got the ring. The fan who took the video clarified that he or she was not the one who grabbed the ring.
“Nakakahiya” trended on Twitter as fans demanded that the ring be returned to Treasure.
“it was a big ring from hyunsuk's hand. if you think hyunsuk wouldn't feel or notice his ring slipping off from his finger, then think again. what's worse is that there was a video catching the incident. yep, that's truly nakakahiya guys. i wonder what hyunsuk had felt from that,” one fan posted on Twitter.
Netizens said the fan in question even posted it on Twitter and wrote that if he won in an offline fan signing event of Treasure, he would return it to Choi Hyun-suk.
Another fan said he witnessed the incident.
“I saw the ring up close kasi halos katabi namin sa center si kuyang kumuha/nakakuha ng ring ni suk and narinig ko sabi niya kuha din daw kay yoshi para trade sila ng hawak niyang kay suk since yoshi bias siya (I saw the ring up close because we were beside the (fan) who took/got ring of suk in the center and I heard him saying to get also one from Yoshi so they can trade with Suk’s item since he is a Yoshi bias),” the fan posted on Twitter.
Here are some of the comments posted by fans on Twitter:
- “Knowing hyunsuk, possible na ibibigay nya nalang yan kase andyan na eh. taking it as if di na sya big deal because hyunsuk loves his fans so much. But the thing is, sobrang nakakahiya yon”
- “Ys nakakahiya naman yan kapag ang nag abot is teume na pupunta ng hong kong. hyunsuk-hyung!!! kunin mo to!!! sayo to!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. sana isurrender na lang sa lnph para mabalik”
- Pag hinawakan nyo ang kamay nila, pwede ba wag kayo nangunguha ng singsing lol. Unless ibigay sayo, that’s not yours. Nakakahiya lang”
- “Ibalik mo nalang yung singsing, may mga teumes na willing ka tulungan to contact LiveNationPh para sa assistance na maibalik kay Suk yung ring. Please lang. Nakakahiya kasi, image ng buong filo-teumes ang nakasalalay dito, sa ginawa mo kasi iba magiging tingin satin ee”
- “Oh my god nakakahiya!! where’s your shame? at the end of the day, the boys are human too and they’ll feel sad if they lost something precious and personal. to think that you had all the time to give it back to HIM or the staff but chose not to unless you win a fs event just-
- “Guys, you can't just grab someone's ring randomly, we don't do that. nakakahiya feel ko pa naman favorite crowd tayo ni hyunsuk”