SSS opens calamity assistance application for quake victims in Abra, Mountain Province

The Social Security System (SSS) announced that it is now accepting applications for the Calamity Assistance Package from earthquake-stricken members and pensioners in Abra and Mountain Province.

(SSS Main Office / File Photo)

The application for the package, which consists of Calamity Loan Assistance Program (CLAP) and three-month advance pension, is open until Nov. 14 according to an advisory released by SSS on Aug. 18.

"Through this SSS Calamity Assistance Package, we can offer immediate financial aid to our members and pensioners as they try to recover from the effects of the recent earthquake," SSS President and Chief Executive Officer Michael G. Regino said.

Aside from Abra, members and pensioners from Bauko and Besao towns in Mountain Province are also eligible for the assistance as per SSS.

These areas, along with Bangued, Boliney, Bucay, Bucloc, Daguioman, Danglas, Dolores, Lacub, Lagangilang, Lagayan, Langiden, La Paz, Licuan, Luba, Malicbong, Manabo, Penarrubia, Pidigan, Pilar, Sallapadan, San Isidro, San Juan, San Quintin, Tayum, Tineg, Tubo, and Villaviciosa in Abra, were also declared under the state of calamity.

"Members and pensioners residing in other earthquake-affected areas could be declared under a state of calamity by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) or the Sangguniang Bayan, Panlunsod, or Panlalawigan can also avail of the said assistance package," Regino added.

Under the CLAP, SSS said that members can avail of a loan "equivalent to their one month salary credit (MSC) computed based on the average of their last 12 MSCs or the amount they applied for, whichever is lower."

Photo: Abra Province Facebook page

As per SSS, interested CLAP applicants must meet the following requirements:

"- Have a My.SSS account at;

- Have at least 36 monthly contributions, six of which must be posted within the last 12 months before the month of filing of application;

- If self-employed, voluntary (including Non-Working Spouse), or land-based Overseas Filipino, worker members must have at least six monthly contributions under the current membership type.

- A resident of a calamity-stricken area who suffered damage or loss to their properties due to the earthquake;

- Have not been granted any final benefit such as permanent total disability or retirement;

- Have no outstanding Loan Restructuring Program (LRP) or CLAP; and

- If employed, the member’s employer must certify the CLAP application through online My.SSS facility.

- Interested members can apply for the calamity loan online through their respective My.SSS account."

Meanwhile, retirement, disability, and survivor pensioners under Social Security (SS) Program as well as disability and survivor pensioners under the Employees’ Compensation Program may apply for the three-month advance pension.

Applicants need to submit the following requirements to any SSS branch:

"- Accomplished Application for Assistance Due to Calamity/Disaster Form certified by the Barangay Chairman;

- In case the form is not certified by the Barangay Chairman, they can submit the form with a certification from either the Department of Social Welfare and Development or NDRRMC."

"However, retirement pensioners who have existing loans under the Pension Loan Program (PLP) cannot avail of the three-month advance pension," SSS clarified.

The application form can be downloaded at the SSS official website.