Boy gathering copper wires to help his parents electrocuted in Pangasinan

SAN CARLOS CITY, Pangasinan -- A 14-year-old boy gathering copper wires for sale to help his parents in their daily expenses died when he was electrocuted in Barangay Roxas here Wednesday, August 17.

Initial Investigation showed that the victim, Eric Gamboa, of Barangay Pangalangan here, was electrocuted when he accidentally touched a live wire in an abandoned house at 10 a.m.

He was taken by personnel of the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO) to the Pangasinan Provincial Hospital, San Carlos City, where he died.

Police Col. Richmond Tadina, PNP Pangasinan director, immediately ordered local police to assist the family of the victim.