Davao City logs 380 Covid deaths from January to November
DAVAO CITY (PNA) – At least 380 coronavirus disease-2019 (Covid-19)-related deaths have been recorded in this city from Jan. 1 to Nov. 5 this year, a health official said Friday, Nov. 11.
Dr. Michelle Schlosser, spokesperson of the Davao City Covid-19 Task Force, said with the number, Dabawenyos should not take the situation lightly and continue practicing health protocols.
Of the 380 Covid-19 fatalities, the highest number of deaths were from the 60 to 69 age group.
Schlosser said vaccination remains essential to avoid Covid-19 deaths, as it provides an extra layer of protection to Dabawenyos.
"The Covid-19 vaccine may not promise anyone total immunity against the disease amid the relaxed health protocols, but it guarantees protection from getting critical to severe symptoms of the virus that may result in death," she reiterated.
Schlosser said being young and in prime health are not guarantees for survival when hit by severe to critical types of Covid-19.
Last week, she said several children aged five to 11-years-old and 12- to 17 also succumbed to the disease.
"There are still people dying because of Covid-19. Let's avoid Covid-19 death, get the vaccines and booster doses," Schlosser said.