60 grams of shabu worth P408,000 seized from ex-drug offender nabbed in Negros Occidental
BACOLOD CITY -- A drug pusher who once surrendered and even underwent rehabilitation during the heat of the last administration’s Oplan Tokhang is back in jail.
Michael Bermejo, 34, a resident of Barangay Nanca here, was arrested after the police operatives found 60 grams of shabu worth P408,000 in his possession during a raid of his house in Barangay Nanca, E.B. Magalona, Negros Occidental on Friday, Nov. 11.
The raiders also found a grenade during the raid.
E.B. Magalona police chief Maj. Kenneth Jay Gratones said they had been receiving numerous complaints against Bermejo, prompting them to apply search warrants for illegal drugs and explosives.
Gratones said that Bermejo previously surrendered during Oplan Tokhang and even underwent drug rehabilitation.
Gratones said that Bermejo allegedly supplies illegal drugs in the village, but he refused to reveal his source, whom police believed to be just within the province.
Gratones said that Bermejo is also under the drugs watchlist of the police station.
Charges for illegal possession of dangerous drugs and illegal possession of explosives will be filed against Bermejo.