NDRRMC: Four Abra residents add to North Luzon quake death toll

Published July 29, 2022, 7:58 PM

by Martin Sadongdong

Four more fatalities – all of them were male – were included to the death toll due to the magnitude seven earthquake that hit North Luzon, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) confirmed Friday night, July 29.

Photo: Abra Province Facebook page

NDRRMC spokesperson Mark Timbal said the new fatalities came from Abra province where four residents went missing at the height of the quake last July 27.

“We received report that the four missing had been retrieved already. These four will be added to our fatalities,” NDRRMC spokesperson Mark Timbal told reporters.

According to police, the four men were buried alive when the quake triggered a landslide in Barangay Poblacion, Luba, Abra last July 27.

The police identified them as Marcos Barreyro, 38; Louis Dining, 21; Jack Gamengan, 17; and Angelo Badi, 15.

They were reportedly riding a tricycle when the landslide occured, the police noted.

The NDRRMC will still subject the case of the new fatalities to a validation, according to Timbal.

This brought the total death toll to 10, which includes five deaths in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) that have already been confirmed by the NDRRMC.

Meanwhile, another fatality in Ilocos Sur was also being validated by the Council.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[3051721,3098005,3097177,3097993,3097990,3097977,3097974]