Nine new government appointees were sworn in by President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Thursday.
Cesar Chavez took his oath as the new undersecretary of the Department of Transportation.
Maj. Gen. Delfin Lorenzana, the Defense chief under the previous administration, is now the chairman of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority.
Diorella Maria “Lala” Sotto-Antonio, daughter of former Senate president Vicente Sotto III, assumed the chairmanship of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board.
While lawyer Jose Calida, the solicitor general of the Duterte administration, became the commissioner of the Commission on Audit.
Other new officials who took their oath were the following:
• Emerald Ridao, undersecretary of the Office of Press Secretary
• Franz Imperial, undersecretary of the Office of the President
• Honey Rose Mercado, undersecretary of the Presidential Management Staff
• Bianca Cristina Cardenas Zobel as Social Secretary, and
• Gerald Baria, undersecretary of the Office of the President