Security situation in NCR peaceful so far- PNP

Published June 30, 2022, 9:42 AM

by Aaron Recuenco 

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has not received any untoward incident so far in connection with the inauguration of President-elect Ferdinand Marcos, Jr. at the National Museum in Manila.

Based on the monitoring of the Directorate for Operations, the security implementation in Manila and in the entire National Capital Region is going smooth as of 9:30 a.m. Thursday, June 30.

Police Maj. Gen. Valeriano De Leon, PNP director for Operations, said sufficient number of policemen were already deployed in various strategic areas as early as Wednesday night as part of ensuring peace and order.

Among the areas where policemen were deployed, according to him, were the four freeom parks that were set by the PNP for the protesters—Liwasang Bonifacio, Plaza Dilao, Plaza Miranda and Moriones.

“There are no reported significant incidents so far,” said De Leon.

But De Leons aid they are continuously monitoring the event and security adjustments will be made if needed.

De Leon said he gave the final instruction on Wednesday night to the policemen to ensure that protesters will not be able to create trouble.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[3030159,3064466,3064452,3064455,3064446,3064434,3064431]