'We must all be united': Duterte appeals to Filipinos to support Marcos Jr.
As he approached the end of his administration, President Duterte rallied support for his successor, President-elect Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., saying Filipinos must unite to confront the challenges the Philippines faces.

In his fourth-to-the-last "Talk to the People" on Monday evening, June 6, the President said he was hoping that Filipinos had already accepted the result of the elections.
"I hope everybody would come to terms that we have a new government. I urge, kayo mga Filipino (you Filipinos), to rally behind and support the new leaders. We want the next administration successful," he said.
"We must all be united in confronting the issues ahead of us. We have no room for politicking or actions that are divisive to the country," he added.
Upon stepping down on June 30, President Duterte said he would "say nothing," but he might break his silence if he thinks it would be necessary.
"If there is an urgent need for me to go public to report on matters that would affect the governance of the country, I would do it," he said.
In his fourth-to-the-last "Talk to the People," President Duterte asked the public to "come to terms" with the result of the elections and support the administration of President-elect Ferdinand Marcos Jr. @manilabulletin ( RTVM Screenshot) pic.twitter.com/mBGdK5zn3K
— Argyll Cyrus Geducos (@argyllcyrus_MB) June 6, 2022
However, Duterte hoped that no one would carelessly criticize Marcos Jr.
"Yung namomolitika pa rin, just plain criticize itong bagong administrasyon (Those who are politicking, just plain criticize the new administration), you do not do that," he said.
"President-elect Marcos would need the cooperation and help of everybody-- we must give it to him," he added,
President Duterte has refused to support Marcos Jr.'s presidential bid despite him being the running-mate of his daughter and now Vice President-elect Sara Duterte as the incoming president is supposedly a "weak leader."
Despite this, Marcos Jr. had offered Duterte to serve as his administration's drug war czar but the latter declined, saying he wanted to return to teaching after his term ends.