Limited face-to-face classes in Metro Manila schools that were validated as compliant with the standards of School Safety Assessment Tool (SSAT) of the Department of Education (DepEd) are scheduled to resume on Wednesday, Feb. 9.
Based on DepEd’s recent data, 304 schools in Alert Level 1 or 2 areas are qualified to commence face-to-face classes starting this month.
Of this number, 123 schools in the National Capital Region (NCR) were assessed and were deemed ready to resume limited face-to-face classes under the expansion phase.
DepEd said that those that are expected to hold expanded limited face-to-face classes will include the 28 pilot schools that joined the implementation of limited face-to-face classes in December last year. These original pilot schools include:
– Andres Bonifacio Elementary School
– Bagumbong Elementary School
– Comembo Elementary School
– Santiago Syjuco Memorial Integrated Secondary School
– Amado T. Reyes Elementary School
– Renato R. Lopez Elementary School
– Aurora A. Quezon Elementary School
– Ramon Q. Avancena High School
– St. Mary Elementary School
– Tañong High School
– Putatan Elementary School
– Tunasan National High School
– Bangkulasi Senior High School
– Filemon T. Lizan Senior High School
– Don Galo Elementary School
– La Huerta Elementary School
– Padre Zamora Elementary School
– Ugong National High School
– Pasig Elementary School
– Bagong Silangan Elementary School
– Payatas B Elementary School
– Pedro Cruz Elementary School
– Ricardo P. Cruz, Sr. Elementary School
– Sen. Renato “Compañero” Cayetano Memorial Science & Technology High School
– Roberta De Jesus Elementary School Disiplina Village Bignay Extension
– Tagalag Elementary School
– Las Piñas National High School
– Las Piñas City National Senior High School – Manuyo Campus
Meanwhile, DepEd said that the expansion schools in NCR will “progressively start their classes” from Feb. 9 onwards.
Aside from Metro Manila schools, DepEd said that some schools located in Regions II, III, and Region IV-A were also qualified to commence face-to-face classes.
In addition, DepEd said that the 59 pilot public and private schools in Regions IV-A, VIII, X, and NCR are “continuing the implementation of limited physical classes.”
DepEd started the pilot implementation of limited face-to-face classes for 120 schools in November 2021. The pilot run was completed in December.
As planned, DepEd was supposed to implement the expansion phase in January 2022 but this was postponed due to the surge in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) driven by the highly contagious Omicron variant.
Given the President’s approval of the recommendation for the progressive expansion of face-to-face classes, Education Secretary Leonor Briones has authorized all regional directors to “commence the progressive expansion phase of face-to-face classes” for both public and private schools starting this February.