The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination in the biggest drugstores and clinic networks in the country will officially kick off on Thursday, Jan. 20, according to the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19.
The NTF said in a statement Wednesday, Jan. 19, that the National Vaccination Operations Center (NVOC) will partner with Generika, Healthway, Mercury Drug, QualiMed Health Network, Southstar Drug, TGP (The Generics Pharmacy), and Watsons to launch the “Resbakuna sa “Botika” vaccination program starting on January 20 and 21.
Individuals 18 years old and above, except for senior citizens and those with comorbidities, can avail of their booster shots in the pharmacies, and their boosters and primary doses in clinics.
Here are the exact locations of the pharmacies and drugstores that offer booster shots, and the time when they will open the vaccination:
1. Generika Drugstore – Generika Signal 1 Branch / Lot 23, Block 306, Zone 6, # 138 Colonel Ballecer St., Zone 6, Signal Village, Taguig City (January 20, 10:00 a.m.)
2. Healthway – Healthway Manila Clinic / GF 8 Adriatico Tower, P. Faura St. corner J. Bocobo St., Ermita, Manila (January 21 10:00 a.m.)
3. Mercury Drug – Manila Malate President Quirino Branch / 899 Pres. Quirino Avenue corner Leon Guinto, Brgy. 692, Zone 75, Manila, Metro Manila (January 20, 10:00 a.m.)
4. QualiMed Health Network – Qualimed McKinley / GF McKinley Exchange Corp. Center, McKinley Rd., cor. Edsa, Brgy. Dasmarinas, Makati City (January 21, 10:00 a.m.)
5. Southstar Drug – SSD Marikina Branch / Bayan-Bayanan Ave., Barangay Concepcion Uno, Marikina City (January 20, 10:00 a.m.)
6. TGP (The Generics Pharmacy) – TGP Paranaque Branch / Edison St., Sun Valley, Paranaque City (January, 10:00 a.m.)
7. Watsons – Watsons SM Supercenter Pasig / SM Supercenter Pasig, Frontera Drive, Ortigas, Pasig City (January 20, 10:00 a.m.)
The NTF said that the government’s partnership with the pharmaceutical companies and private clinics seeks “to make vaccines more accessible to more Filipinos.”
After the initial rollout, the vaccination will be expanded to more outlets as early as next week. Meanwhile, Rose Pharmacy will join the program once it rolls out in Visayas and Mindanao.
“The seven drugstore and private health companies will work with LGUs where their branches are located. The LGUs will continue to maintain responsibility for the registration and documentation of vaccinees, as well as providing vaccines and ancillary supplies,” the NTF said.
“The pharmacies will oversee vaccine administration,” it added.
The NTF said that the latest “Resbakuna” campaign complements the nationwide “Bayanihan, Bakunahan” massive inoculation drive held on November 29 to December 3, 2021; and on December 15 to 17, 2021 which was extended to December 27 to 29, 2021 for areas affected by Typhoon “Odette.”
As of Jan. 18, there were 56,027,759 individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 while 59,255,237 have received their first dose. There were also 5,362,518 individuals who have been administered with their booster shots.