"Odette' death toll now 208- PNP

Published December 20, 2021, 7:47 AM

by Aaron Recuenco 

Thirty-nine more deaths have been reported to the Philippine National Police (PNP) in the past 12 hours, which raised the death toll on typhoon “Odette” onslaught to a total of 208 as of 6 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 20.

Based on the PNP data, the total number of person in the missing list is now at 52 while there were 239 injured victims.

The National Headquarters of the PNP at Camp Crame has been reporting the number of casualties by region based on the data that are submitted by police units down to the municipal and city police levels.

PNP spokesman Police Col. Rhoderick Alba said on Sunday, Dec. 19, that the communication platforms of the PNP to the areas which lost contact at the height of “Odette”’s onslaught.

He said all the reported death and other casualties are still to be verified especially by the Department of Health under the protocol laid down by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.

As of Sunday night, the NDRRMC reported 31 deaths due to “Odette” but only four of them have been so far confirmed by them to be typhoon-related.

On the other hand, the report of the PNP revealed that almost all of the fatalities either drowned or hit with fallen objects like uprooted trees, large branch of trees blown away by strong winds and other blunt objects.

And based on the PNP data, the number of evacuees continued to go down as the affected residents started to go home. As of 6 a.m. on Monday, only 103,111 individuals are in the evacuation centers mostly in Western Visayas, Central Visayas and the CARAGA region.

The three regions were the hardest hit by typhoon “Odette”.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2891693,3001401,3001373,3001379,3001366,3001363,3001349]