Negros Occidental steps up measure vs Omicron after arrival of 3 South Africans

Published December 1, 2021, 3:00 PM

by Glazyl Masculino

BACOLOD CITY – Three South African nationals were re-swabbed on Wednesday, Dec. 1, following their arrival in Negros Occidental last week.

This, after Provincial Administrator Atty. Rayfrando Diaz II received a complaint from the company of these foreigners, who are consultants, that they were refused to be quarantined in a hotel here.

Diaz said the three arrived in the country on Nov. 25 and indicated in their S-Pass that they came from Makati, upon their arrival in the province on Nov. 26.

Diaz said they are fully vaccinated and were tested negative of COVID-19 based on their RT-PCR test results.

He, however, said that they will undergo re-swabbing while being quarantined in the towns of Manapla and Calatrava, and La Carlota City.

For his part, Dr. Chris Sorongon, deputy for medical and data analysis of the Bacolod Emergency Operations Center, said they have ordered the quarantine facilities, including hotels, not to accept returning residents from outside of the city, as they should be quarantined in their respective local government units.

Despite this, the Provincial Capitol assured the Negrenses that there is nothing to worry, as they continue to intensify their measures and monitor the new variant of COVID-19.

Diaz said the three arrived in the country before the banning was implemented.

It was on Nov. 26 when South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Eswatini and Mozambique were placed under the “red list” immediately following the announcement of the detection of the Omicron variant.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","visayas","news"]
[2876608,2911074,2911059,2911044,2911048,2911043,2911034]