QC gov’t, Rep. Defensor to tackle venue issue

Published November 30, 2021, 6:49 PM

by Allysa Nievera

The Quezon City government and the camp of Rep. Mike Defensor will meet on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss the latter’s request to use the Liwasang Aurora at the Quezon City Memorial Circle (QCMC) as venue for an event of the tandem of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and vice-presidential bet Sara Duterte-Carpio.

According to the local government, it sent a letter to Defensor’s party for a meeting to set the ground rules to ensure the safety of the park goers and strict observance of health protocols.

This was after Defensor’s camp insisted on using the Liwasang Aurora instead of the QCMC Gymnasium on Dec. 8.

Defensor said they were assured three times by the QCMC management that the date they preferred for their event was available but were surprised the next day when they were informed that it was reserved for the local government.

Read more:QC gov’t denies allegations it prevented a political tandem from staging motorcade

“This meeting is critical because we are still under Alert Level 2. This requires us to avoid or mitigate the “3Cs”, namely crowding, close contact, and confined spaces,” the city government said in the letter.

It also said that the Liwasang Aurora is a child-friendly safe zone and that the unvaccinated might be exposed to the event goers.

“This is why we previously approved your event for the QCMC Gymnasium…with physical distancing, we can seat 3,000 people comfortably,” it added.

According to the city government, the QCMC Gymnasium is the venue where the group of Senator Bong Go, Mayor Isko Moreno, ACT Teachers partylist, Anak Pawis partylist recently held their events.

The Team Malayang QC will conduct a motorcade around the city in cooperation with the teams of Marcos and Duterte-Carpio which will culminate inside QCMC.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2875937,2916339,2916343,2916318,2916315,2916305,2916297]