Governor Daniel R. Fernando said that 1,932,192 or 58 percent of Bulakenyos have already been vaccinated against COVID-19, of which 1,076,166 were given their first dose and 856,026 who were fully vaccinated.
During the distribution of financial assistance to more than 400 beneficiaries at the Capitol Gymnasium in the City of Malolos on Monday, Oct. 25, Fernando said that from March to Oct. 21, the Bulacan government received a total of 2,668,366 COVID-19 vaccines from the national government.
These include 1,357,646 Sinovac vaccines; 209,340 AstraZeneca; 625,950 Pfizer; 113,500 Janssen’s Johnson & Johnson; 277,650 Moderna, and 84,280 Sinopharm.
He said mobile vaccination continues in the province aside from the inoculation held at the Hiyas ng Bulacan Convention Center in the City of Malolos.
The Bulacan governor said that for the province to achieve herd immunity as soon as possible, the people should not choose vaccine brands.
He said the COVID-19 vaccines available in mobile clinic are Sinovac, AstraZeneca, and Sinopharm only because Pfizer and Moderna require delicate storage procedures.
Fernando urged parents not to allow their children to go to school for face-to-face classes unless they have been vaccinated.
He said that although COVID-19 active cases in Bulacan continue to decline since the last week of September, he will still not allow the holding of face-to-face classes.
"Pakiusap huwag po!Dahil ito ang tamang panahon na mas lalo tayong mag-ingat nang sa gayon ay magtuloy-tuloy ang pagbaba ng kaso ng COVID-19 at di na bumalik sa libu-libong bilang ng tinamaan ng virus," (No please! Because this is the time for us to be more cautious so that COVID-19 cases will continue to decline)," he said.
The Provincial Health Office (PHO) on Mo day, Oct. 25, reported that out of the total of 82,595 COVID-19 confirmed cases in the province, 80,347 or 97 percent have recovered.
Out of the recorded 854 active cases, 89 are admitted in the hospitals, 196 are in Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facilities, while 569 are under home isolation. Three new deaths were reported, bringing the total to1,394.