11 Shih Tzus perish in Bacolod fire

Published October 15, 2021, 1:50 PM

by Glazyl Masculino

BACOLOD CITY — Eleven Shih Tzu dogs, including puppies that were trapped in a bedroom were killed in a fire that hit a three-storey building on Tindalo Street in Barangay Villamonte here on Thursday.

According to Fire Chief Insp. Rodel Legaspi, city fire marshal, some of the dogs were inside a cage, when the fire broke out past 11 a.m.

Legaspi said the house owners were downstairs when the fire occurred, which only damaged one bedroom.

Legaspi said they are eyeing an unattended water heater plugged in a defective outlet as possible cause of fire.

Legaspi said the blaze did not affect the other parts of the building which is made of concrete materials.

No injuries were reported. The fire was put out around 12:10 p.m.

Legaspi said the blaze left an estimated P100,000 worth of damage.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","visayas","news"]
[2838904,2877508,2877521,2877453,2877466,2877439,2877471]