DOH confirms PH's COVID-19 cases declining

Published October 7, 2021, 2:27 PM

by Analou de Vera

(MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

The Department of Health (DOH) confirmed on Thursday, Oct. 7, that the number of new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the Philippines is already declining.

“We are confirming that the cases are declining,” said DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire during the Malacanang press briefing.

Hospital admissions of COVID-19 patients in the country are already decreasing, said Vergeire.

“Noon pong Setyembre, nagplaplateau palang ang admissions natin sa mga ospital pero nitong huling linggo nakita natin ang patuloy na pagbaba ng mga hospital admissions natin (In September, our hospital admissions went on a plateau but this last week, we saw a steady decline in our hospital admissions),” she said.

However, Vergeire reminded the public that there should be no room for complacency despite this improvement in the country’s COVID-19 situation.

“Alalahanin po natin bagamat bumababa ang ating mga kaso, ang atin pong mga ospital ay meron pa rin pong pagkapuno (Let us remember that although our cases are decreasing, some of our hospitals are still full),” said the DOH spokesperson.

“Although 68 percent lang ang ICU utilization natin sa ngayon, kailangan pa rin po nating pag ingatan at patuloy na mapababa at ma decongest ang ating mga ospital (Although our ICU utilization rate is only at 68 percent right now, we still need to be cautious to be able to reduce and decongest our hospitals) so that we can be able to move on and open up some sectors again in our economy,” she added.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2831844,2917884,2917878,2917874,2917871,2917868,2917860]