The government’s pandemic task force has extended the pilot implementation of the new Alert Levels System for coronavirus (COVID-19) response in the National Capital Region (NCR) until October 15 but agreed to relax some of the Alert Level 4 restrictions.
Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque made the statement as Metro Manila’s Alert Level 4 status ends on September 30.
In a statement on Thursday evening, September 30, Roque said the Inter-agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious DIseases decided to extend the pilot run of the new COVID-19 response strategy until October 15, 2021.
While Roque’s statement did not specify if Metro Manila will be kept under Alert Level 4, the second-highest of the five alert levels, Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said confirmed in a text message that the region will still be under the same alert level.
Meanwhile, Roque said that the IATF has approved the recommendation to increase to 20 percent the operational capacity of indoor services such as dine-in, in-person religious services, and personal care under Alert Level 4 for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The IATF initially allowed the said services to cater to the fully vaccinated indoors at only 10 percent seating capacity.
Operational capacity for outdoor dine-in, religious, and personal care services will remain at 30 percent.
The task force also approved the recommendation to reopen fitness studios and gyms at a limited 20 percent capacity for fully vaccinated individuals. However, gym workers should also be fully vaccinated.
Both gym clients and service providers are required to wear face masks at all times. Group activities are not allowed.
According to Roque, the said indoor services are allowed to increase their operational capacity by another 10 percent if they have a safety seal certification.
The IATF has previously relaxed some of the outdoor exercise restrictions under the new Alert Levels System.