Strong fourth quarter to give companies funds for workers' 13th month pay–Concepcion

Published September 29, 2021, 9:44 AM

by Ellson Quismorio

The 13th month pay of employees in the services sector will depend on how well their respective companies perform this final quarter of 2021.

Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship and Go Negosyo founder Joey Concepcion speaks during the virtual press briefing on Tuesday, Sept. 28 (Screenshot from Facebook live)


Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship and Go Negosyo founder Joey Concepcion had this to say in a recent interview even as the pilot-testing in the National Capital Region (NCR) of the Alert Level System (ALS) on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic neared its end.

“At tatlong buwan lang itong quarter, importante dito na mabawi nila (negosyante) ang mga lugi nila para mabayaran iyong 13th month pay sa mga empleyado pagpasok dito ng Christmas (There’s only three months in this quarter, it’s important for the businessmen to recover their losses during this period so that they would be able to give the employees’ 13th month pay come Christmas),” Concepcion said in a virtual press briefing by Malacañang Tuesday, Sept. 28.

The fourth and final quarter of the year in vis traditionally the strongest quarter in terms of business. And with all the lost revenues incurred in ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the stakes are higher for proprietors to regain a semblance of financial footing during the holiday rush.

“Alam naman natin, sa fourth quarter, itong talagang puwedeng magbawi ng…sa mga negosyante, mga lugi nila. So tataas dito iyong consumer spending dahil sa Christmas ‘no at palagay ko, election spending. So importante ang quarter na ito (As we all know, the fourth quarter is when businessmen can really recover their losses. So consumer spending will increase because of Christmas, and I think due to election spending as well. So this quarter is important),” Concepcion said.

NCR or Metro Manila had been placed under alert level 4 until Sept. 30.

The Go Negosyo founder is batting for a lowered alert level by Oct. 1–the start of the fourth quarter. This would allow more businesses to reopen and allow the already reopened establishments to operate at a higher capacity.

“May meeting kami kahapon…with the medical groups ‘no, kasama iyong Philippine Medical Association (We had a meeting yesterday with medical groups, including the Philippine Medical Association). And we presented to them and lahat ng mga sektor katulad ng mga restaurants, mga spa, mga salons, mga gyms ay humingi na sana dapat ipalagay na natin sa level 3 sa pagpasok natin sa fourth quarter (all of the sectors like restaurants, spas, salons, and gyms are asking for level 3 when we enter the fourth quarter),” he said.

Indoor dine-in services of restaurants were allowed to operate at 10 percent capacity under alert level 4. However, Concepcion said restaurants won’t make a profit under this scheme.

It was late August when Concepcion pitched the “Bakuna Bubble” strategy to government. Under this set-up, persons fully vaccinated from COVID-19 are given more mobility in the attempt to restart the economy.

The Bakuna Bubble has since gained the backing of various sectors..

Click here to find out Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque’s explanation as to why gyms are essential and should be reopened once the alert level is eased.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2824135,2840921,2840910,2840905,2840902,2840877,2840874]