KIDAPAWAN CITY – The nine-month-old child who accidentally swallowed a pushpin is now safe, his mother said Wednesday.
Angel Mae Dinaguit of Barangay Poblacion here said the pushpin was found after her son excreted it on Tuesday night.
“I was relieved but we need to bring him to the doctor for further examination because he might have sustained wounds in his vital organs,” the mother said in the vernacular.
Dinaguit said she was waiting for her milk tea order from a roadside stall when her son found a corkboard and pulled out a pushpin.
She found out her son was chewing on the pushpin and eventually swallowed it.
An X-ray showed the pin was lodged in his large intestine.
A medical practitioner said the pushpin might exit naturally but may hurt the boy’s internal organs.
“The doctor said there is only a 1 percent chance that my son may expel the pushpin and God is so good to make that miracle happen,” the mother said.
A surgical operation would have cost the parents between PHP70,000 and PHP100,000, a physician said.
Dinaguit said her son is due for a physical examination at the provincial hospital in Barangay Amas here Wednesday.