San Miguel 3×3 player Daniel de Guzman blacklisted by GAB

Published September 24, 2021, 5:31 PM

by Jonas Terrado

Photo from PBA

The Games and Amusements Board blacklisted a member of the San Miguel Beermen’s PBA 3×3 team Friday, Sept. 24 for failing to appear in an online meeting held to explain his side over his alleged involvement in game-fixing.

GAB chairman Baham Mitra said Daniel de Guzman, who was once a part of SMB’s main roster before being relegated to the 3×3 squad, will not be allowed to use his professional license while being investigated in relation to a social media post that went viral last week.

Mitra added that the 30-year-old De Guzman’s license will be revoked if found guilty.

“He shall not be allowed to use his license in the meantime,” Mitra said. “And if proven guilty he may lose his professional basketball players license.”

A Facebook post which contained screenshot messages claimed that De Guzman provided a wrong tip to friends who placed bets on the PBA Philippine Cup game between the Beermen and Barangay Ginebra last Sept. 10.

San Miguel went on to win, 111-102, a result that didn’t sit well with one of the bettors who appeared to have lost a large sum of money.

De Guzman, through his agent Danny Espiritu, recently denied his part in any suspicious activities.

He appeared in four games for SMB in last year’s PBA bubble with averages of 0.3 points and 0.8 rebounds after being selected 42nd overall in the 2019 PBA Draft.

San Miguel signed De Guzman to a six-month contract to suit up in the PBA’s inaugural 3×3 tournament that is currently on hold.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["basketball","sports","sports"]
[2820637,2845771,2845741,2845689,2845664,2845685,2845600]