Gadon admits: Bongbong an NP member; not in position to accept KBL nomination

Published September 24, 2021, 4:25 PM

by Ben Rosario

Sen. Bongbong Marcos

Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL) senatorial nominee Larry Gadon on Friday, Sept. 24 cleared the air on the confusion that marked the nomination of former Senator Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as the party’s standard bearer for the 2022 presidential elections.

Gadon, who previously declared that Marcos already accepted the KBL endorsement and nomination, admitted that there was indeed no categorical statement that he will represent the party created by his father, the late former President Ferdinand E. Marcos, as its presidential candidate for the 2022 presidential race.

“It is not an issue whether BBM would run under KBL .. several national political parties will adopt and endorse BBM as candidate for President in 2022,” Gadon said in a viber message to newsmen who covered the KBL’s National Convention held in Binangonan, Rizal.

Gadon said Marcos is officially a member of the Nacionalista Party (NP).

Headed by former Senate President Manny Villar, NP had previously committed to forge a formal alliance with the Hugpong ng Pagbabago headed by Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte.

Gadon admitted that while many KBL leaders agree that by thanking the party, the young Marcos accepted the nomination, this can be a misconception since the former senator cannot make such commitment because of his membership to NP.

“It is up to BBM ( who is an NP member) to decide what party to run . , what is important is that KBL and many more parties are supporting him , which is what really matters,” explained Gadon, who was also nominated KBL candidate for senator in the 2022 elections.

He stated: “KBL will give all out support to BBM in whatever political party he would choose to run.”

Gadon said there is no issue on whether Bongbong will ruin for KBL or NP. “One thing is sure, BBM will run for president 100 percent,” he declared.

KBL president and Ilocos Sur board member Efren Rafanan admitted that there was indeed no categorical statement from Marcos that he would run for president.

Rafanan admitted that when Marcos’ video message to the national convention was introduced, the emcee stated that it was an acceptance speech. He also noted that the national convention program indicated that Marcos’ part will be that of “acceptance.” “The program emcee may have said that BBM was accepting the nomination but his tape recorded message was not categorical. Nevertheless, what is important is we adopted the resolution for him to run as our presidential candidate in 2022,” said Rafanan.

In a video message, Marcos thanked the KBL for the support they have given him.

“I am overwhelmed by the expression of support and endorsement. I hope to continue to work to achieve that ideals to achieve that vision (of my father) for our country,” said the young Marcos.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2820589,2845692,2845628,2845622,2845642,2845619,2845657]