Twenty-three local officials from different provinces took their oath as new members of Aksyon Demokratiko party before Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso at the Manila City Hall on Thursday.
The mass oath-taking ceremony took place a day after Domagoso, the party president, launched his presidential bid in the coming national elections, with Dr. Willie Ong as his running mate.
(MANILA PIO/ MANILA BULLETIN)
The 23 local officials who took their oath are the following:
- Marinduque Vice Gov. Romulo A. Bacorro Jr.
- Romblon Vice Governor Felix Ylagan
- Quezon Province Vice Gov. Sam Nantes and Betty Nantes
- Marinduque Board Member John R. Pelaez
- Laguna Board Member Rai Ann San Luis
- Laguna Board Member Magtanggol Jose Carait
- Marinduque Board Member Gilbert L. Daquioag
- Zambales Board Member Keith Doble
- Santa Maria, Laguna Mayor Ma. Rocelle Carolino
- Santa Cruz, Laguna Mayor Edgar San Luis
- Concepcion, Tarlac Vice Mayor Joey Baluyut
- Nagcarlan, Laguna Vice Mayor Rexlon Arevalo
- Magdalena, Laguna Vice Mayor Pedro Bucal
- Pakil Laguna Vice Mayor Charles Vipops Martinez
- Mabitac, Laguna Vice Mayor Angelito Valderrama, Sr.
- Majayjay, Laguna Vice Mayor Juan Ariel Argañosa, Jr.
- San Jose, Batangas Vice Mayor Noel Virtusio
- Calamba City Vice Mayor Ross Rizal
- Oas, Albay Vice Mayor Reene Riofrio Raro
- Angat, Bulacan Vice Mayor Reynante Bautista
- Malabon City Councilor Jasper Kevin Cruz
- Malabon City Councilor John Anthony Parial Garcia
Domagoso said he is thankful for the support that he and his party are getting from politicians, private groups, and individuals following the announcement of his candidacy.
Earlier, Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph Recto expressed his support and commended Moreno’s “inspiring leadership” and defended him from the insults being thrown by some government officials.
Recto also noted how Moreno handled the pandemic problem in the city, citing the construction of the Manila COVID-19 Field Hospital in just 52 days and the implementation of the COVID-19 Food Security.